Food Grade DE for the body
~ my bluebird of health~
Three ways Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth works for the Body
1. Food grade diatomaceous earth - (magnified 7000 times) - looks like a cylinder full of holes--kind of like Rice Chex Cereal. This cylinder has a very strong negative charge. As these millions of cylinders move through the stomach and digestive tract, they attract and absorb bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These are trapped inside the cylinder and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites (worms) that happen to be in the stomach of digestive tract are scratched, dehydrated and killed by the sharp edges of the Diatomaceous Earth. Our bodies are healthier because of the removal of toxins. We are less sick, have more energy and a better sense of when we are hungry and full. This feeling can also help us keep a healthy body weight by being and feeling "in tune" to what our body needs. Food grade DE will not harm the walls of the intestine or any organs in the body. Each particle is 10 microns... small but very effective at cleansing our systems.
2. Diatomaceous Earth is very hard. On the harness scale where diamonds are a 9, Diatomaceous Earth is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp Diatomaceous Earth cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they "scrub" the walls. After only a few months of taking Diatomaceous Earth, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and molds but CLEAN!! The advantages of this are several:
a.) Regular bowel movements (This is the #1 comment everyone makes about DE)
b.) Healthier Colon. This is especially important as we get older. A clean healthy colon keeps away polyps, cancers, and ulcers. Today, many are spending thousands of dollars to get colonics to do the same thing as Diatomaceous Earth does.
c.) Many users report increased energy and needing less sleep. This is a result of all the food and nutrients that are taken in being better absorbed into the blood stream. With a coated colon--many nutrients never get absorbed.
3. A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. One of the benefits of Silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats, which can help lower cholesterol. Everyone is also amazed at how their high blood pressure goes down. I take one teaspoon of food grade DE with one glass of water each night before bed. This allows a cleanse to begin so my food is absorbed better when I do eat. Eventually, I will work my way up to a tablespoon a day. I feel less bloated and I am more regular. I have noticed an aid in digestion, I just feel better. My husband and I just had our lab work done and we are excited to see how DE will make a difference in our next lab tests. My husband takes food grade DE to lower his cholesterol. It can also help balance you out if you have irritable bowel syndrome or diarrhea.
Other benefits from taking food grade DE:
- Sore joints and ligaments feel better
- Skin clears up (acne-age spots-psoriasis)
- Hair and nails are stronger and grow faster
- Stronger teeth and gums
- Healthier respiratory tract--less coughing
- Menopause has less symptoms
- Healthier urinary tract
The benefits of silica are many. In today's grains, there is actually a shortage of silica. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today's hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. Diatomaceous Earth is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.
It has been suggested that DE should be used 10 days on and 10 days off for up to 90 days. It is better to take food grade DE on an empty stomach one hour before taking medication or eating food, or 2 hours after meals morning and night. It is important NOT to miss a single dose to prevent the possibility of re-infection if any parasites and larvae have not been removed. When taking food grade DE, worms may not always be seen in the elimination but you should notice an improvement by the second day when diarrhea slows down and abdominal pains subside somewhat. It could take up to 90 days of flushing with DE to be significant.
Our food grade DE is the fresh water type and very pure. When the DE is ingested, it has a scrubbing, absorbing and flushing action in the whole digestive system including the large and small intestine. The DE silica particles has the capacity to lacerate, absorb and dehydrate the eggs and worms. The recommended daily allowance for humans is one Tablespoon daily. Start with a smaller dose, about 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. (I suggest you increase your daily intake each week until you are up to the recommended dose amount.) Make sure to drink plenty of water to flush the body out. Avoid prolonged ingestion of excessive high intakes of DE (amorphous silica) especially if you are currently taking a milk of magnesia, (which also contains silica) or if your kidneys do not function normally. Again, it is still safe to take, just use good judgement and moderation in all things.
Diatomaceous earth cannot dissolve and acts like a sweeper in the intestine. As it moves through the digestive tract it attracts, binds and carries away chemical and microbial toxins in the elimination process of the stool. Although a safe level of DE for human consumption has not been established for long term consumption, it has not been detrimental in almost 50 years with regular farm animal feeding.
We are slowly catching on to the benefits of DE for ourselves even though it has been used for over half a century. Hundreds of thousands of animals owners and veterinarians across the country have been using DE to treat livestock/pets for decades as well as hundreds of people using it as part of their dietary intake.
Content on this site is for reference purposes only, based on reviews from users of diatomaceous earth. It is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health care professional. User statements regarding this dietary supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement. Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly reports of what hundreds of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.